Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Tuesday, 20 January 2015
Tuesday, 13 January 2015
“If your heart is not in tune with your mind, your spirit will never be able to carry out its purpose due to the lack of togetherness taking place inside you”, says Arch Bishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams.
It is good to have great visions and big dreams. And of course everyone can have a dream for life and for the future but without inner unity and peace, you will achieve little.
There are times that people think of so many wow ideas in their mind but deep down within, their heart is saying “I cannot accommodate this idea. It is impossible”.
Just as you cannot get to your destination if the engine of your car refuses to work so it is with your heart. Your heart is the engine of the body while your mind is like the steering wheel that gives direction. Turning the steering wheel to the direction you want is useless without an engine to power your ideas into action.
Any time you conceive any good idea but lack the passion to do so, and it’s being surrounded by so many uncertainties then know that there are divisions within you.
I pray that your spirit, mind, body and heart will be united so you may be able to fulfill your assignment to the best of your God given ability! This is a secret you should know.
Thanks for reading this article from www.ernestkojoakorli.blogspot.com. You can also visit www.yesuba.blogspot.comto read more. Please free to share with your friends and love ones or comment to contribute.
To book me for teaching, motivational speaking and others, kindly contact me through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, 10 January 2015
10 years ago, I carefully and neatly ironed my very best shirt, said a special prayer and dashed off the house with two application letters in my file. I was very confident of getting a teaching appointment with the two schools I had targeted.
As i neared the Headmaster’s office of the first school I visited, there stood this fat average height man at the main entrance. The first striking feature about him was his unusual shining baldhead that could easily tell which direction the sun rose that early morning. With an unfriendly and husky voice, he asked of my mission and I generously parroted my carefully rehearsed answers to impress him but it was all a fruitless effort.
“Have you taught before?” he asked after clearing his throat of which i answered in the negative. “No! I don’t want inexperienced teachers in my school”, he said almost yelling at me. The story in the second school was not different from the first, only that i was given a little respect, perhaps because I wore my very best. I went home disappointed but never gave up.
3 years later, the second headmaster came to where I was working as Assistant Headmaster to look for a job. And now 10 years later, he sat under my ministration twice as a Resource Person (Motivational Speaker) and a Preacher. So you see? Time is very powerful. Today you are somebody but tomorrow, you may be nobody; today as employer but tomorrow as employee.
Friends, let them look down on you today as inexperienced, useless, unqualified and a riff-raff. Let them malign and insult you. Let them doubt your abilities as a person with a value. It is just a matter of time for personal development. Educate and train yourself and at the right time, your usefulness will be seen by a lot of people and confirmed by the very people who rejected you. It is just a matter of time.
Friday, 9 January 2015
Many people are fasting and praying against enemies of their progress in the year 2015. I'm sure some will kill their enemies if they know them or perhaps, pray that God kills them. But many people are their own enemies unknowingly.
a. Your indecisiveness
b. Time wasting attitudes
c. Inactions & laziness
e. Blatant lies
f. Evil and negative thoughts
g. Lukewarm attitudes towards the things of God, etc...
These are the real enemies and we permit them ourselves. Before you pray against your enemies, pause and check. You might be praying against yourself. The only person that can stop you from moving forward is you, yourself.
Witches and wizards have no authority over you if you do not hate yourself and permit them to attack your progress. Any time we indulge ourselves in sin, we open the gates of our protection to the devil to capitalize on our weaknesses and sins to cause much havoc. In the year 2015, let's take stock of our own lives.
Remember, the enemy on the inside of you that impedes your progress is more dangerous than the one you are fasting and praying against.
Thanks for reading this article. Please feel free to share with your friends.
A few years ago, all it takes to land on a lucrative job is to be a graduate. When graduates were becoming many, skill & experience became the buzzword. And now, we have good graduates with skills & experience but are jobless.
At this stage, all you need is favor, grace and the unction to sail through. It doesn't matter the economy in which we are in whether there are a lot of jobless graduates or not. All you need is to find favour and the grace of God that will land you on your dream job with the best conditions ever.
You don't need to know someone in that company before you are offered a good job appointment.You just have to know someone who knows everybody; and that is Jesus Christ. For those who know their God will do exploits.
May God grant you this in 2015....
Tuesday, 12 August 2014
The Apostle Paul, having ministered the gospel to the Philippians for some time, observed their ways of life and wrote a letter to encourage the church as he left them to continue the work of God. In his letter, he encouraged them to put seven things into practice in their Christian journey in order to obtain the peace of God and for the church to grow and glow.
1. Put to practice what you have seen, heard, learned and received – (Phil 4:9). It is not enough to hear about the mighty works of Christ through Pastors, Evangelists, Prophets and other Preachers; it is not enough to see miracles and testimonies, it is not enough to learn from the teachings; you have to receive them and put them into practice.
2. Keep On With Your Generosity: In verse 10,15 &16, Paul expressed his heartfelt appreciation about the generosity of the Philippians who assisted him and gave freely even when he left them and was ministering at Macedonia and Thessalonica. This act also, he encouraged them to put into practice.
3. Be Content (Verse 11-13): One critical point Paul stressed was learning to be content whether in need or in abundance, whether in good times or bad times. You must learn to be content and put your faith in God regardless of the situations we find ourselves. Situations may change but God’s plan doesn’t change.
4. Total Reliance on God (verse 13): Just as Paul totally relied on God and did amazing works, so did he encourage the Philippians to totally rely on God. He said: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. By strength can we prevail in our Christian journey. Put these things into practice and you see the glory of God in your life.
5. Care and share in one another’s troubles (verse 14-15). The Philippians, a nursery church by then, was the only church that continually and willingly shared and assisted Paul when he left them and ministered in Macedonia and as far as Thessalonica. Gal 6:9 stresses that we should not be weary in doing good to people especially our Christian brothers and sisters. Put these things into Practice. Life gets better when we live for others and have their welfare at heart.
6. Your offering goes to your personal account (Verse 17-19): Paul stressed that all the generosities of the church, their sacrifices, and offerings are not meant for the benefit of pastors but what will be credited in their personal accounts. Any time you want to sign a check through prayer and cash some blessings from Heaven, first pause and check how much you have invested. Beloved, your account must not show the red. Put to practice, the act of giving to support people.
7. God of peace will be with you (Verse 9): Beloved, you have heard a lot, learned a lot, seen many wonders and miracles and seen a lot more, but Paul said, put them into practice and the God of peace will be with you.
I pray that the God of peace will be with you as you continually put to practice all that you have learned, heard, seen and received. You must put these seven things into practice and you will grow from level of faith and maturity to another.
Thanks for reading from www.ernestkojoakorli.blogspot.com. Please feel free to share with your friends and love ones or add your comments
Thursday, 7 August 2014
Marilyn, after many years of being pestered by her parents to marry, finally finds someone and decided to leave to the village to introduce him to her aged parents in the remotest village in Ghana.
Marilyn: Mum and Dad, meet the man in whom i find true love.
Parents: You're welcome!
Young Man: Thank you!
Dad: Your name and where you live?
Young Man: Ebo, La
Parents: Whaaaaat? Ebola! You mean you are the deadly ebola virus?
Young Man: Oh no! No!
Dad: Oh shut your mouth before you spread that deadly ebola virus here.
Mum: What? Marilyn, do you want us to die so soon from ebola?
Marilyn: Oh no, mum! His name is Ebo from La, thus Labadi in Accra.
Young Man: Yes, I'm Ebo, I live at La.
Dad: Oh no! You can't marry my daughter. Please walk out immediately before you infest us with that virus called ebola.
Mum: Marilyn, we are disappointed in you! Your father and I were never educated but when it comes to choosing life partners, we were more informed than you!