Wednesday 8 January 2014

CONFIDENCE IS A WIN ATTITUDE

As I was walked confidently to the reception, I was approached by a stunningly dressed beautiful young lady on whose face was a broad welcoming smile.

“You’re welcome, Sir!” she said amidst an infectious smile. “Please this way. Follow me to the CEO’s Office”, she directed and led me to the CEO’s office though many people were seated in a long queue to see the CEO.  

I was surprised at the special attention given me though I always wanted a special treatment in my life. I had the best deal in my life and wondered whether a special favor has been bestowed on me. As the CEO walked me to the gate to see me off, another handsome gentleman clad in an expensive dress walked into the premises. 

I bade them goodbye and drove off. Later events in life made me to understand that the company was expecting the son of the Finance and Economic Planning Minister of State to sign a good deal with the company. Unfortunately for the company, they did not know him in person. I was given the deal instead of him.

In my sober reflections, I deduced some lessons in life.
 a. Always dressed as a prospect wherever you go and not a suspect.
       b. The way you dress is the way people will address you.
      c. If you don’t like the reception people give you then improve on your dressing. If it persists, then check your character.
      d. At times, your appearance is the best marketing tool to pave a way for you.  


My Reflections!

No comments:

Post a Comment