Friday 24 January 2014

KNOCKED OUT IN LIFE!

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up”....Vince Lombardi 

 There are so many situations that may knock us down in one way or the other. Most of the times, some of these knock outs could be so severe and terrible to the extent that it could spell the doom of our future. Many people find it difficult to get up and bounce back after being knocked out in life due to accidents, sickness, terrible situations and many breathtaking untold ugly spectacles.

Life is full of so many twists and turns. The most important thing is to get up after we are knocked down. If you don’t get up and bounce back, you will remain in the same ugly situation. Unfortunately, some people have a scarred memory due to what they went through and sworn not to do any good again but the good news is that, others have bounced back after the knock out and the fall. Read their confessions and imagine where they have reached now.

v  I was raped at the age of 9 - Oprah Winfrey
v  I was imprisoned for 27 years - Nelson Mandela
v  I didn’t even complete my University education - Bill gates
v  I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training-Lionel Messi
v  I grew up in the largest slam in Brazil - Ronaldo Delima
v  I struggled for 15 years to make it in comedy - Kevin Hart
v  I was a security guard before I joined music - D’banj.

Today, the stories of these people have changed. They managed to turn their
 v  Scars to become a star.
 v  Shame into fame.
 v  Disgrace into grace.
 v  ‘Grass life’ into great life.
 v  Mess into a message of hope to the next generation.
 v  Disappointments into generational appointments to   benefit the world.


We are all human and never different from them. Yes, we can also do same. Get up from where you were knocked down. Get up from where you have fallen and stir up the greatness in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment